St Paul Minnesota . It’s coo there it’s a city of go getters . By any means typa city . Well at least the neighborhood I’m from .
2. What makes ur music different than the rappers that are in the game now ?
I make the typa of music every artist can’t make . I’m the type of person everybody can’t be . Therefor some way some hoe everything I do seems to come out in a way everybody can’t do . That’s what makes me different .
3. What do u feel like hip hop is missing ?
4. Who is the most influential artist now, and 10 years ago?
For me I use everybody as some typa influence or knowledge . Now and ten years ago .
5. What was it like being the 2nd artist in history to have a mixtape with shaheem Reid ?
It really didn’t hit me till I heard his skits mixed in wit the records . Shits crazy that’s my big bro . One of my biggest accomplishments so far to work wit homes .
6. Is America so superficial that the best lyrical artists are surpassed and outsold by generic mainstream artists?
In some regions it is and some regions it aint . Some places wouldn’t buy mainstream and some wouldn’t buy the conscious hip hop vibe .
7.What is your opinion of Kanye West?Musical mastermind, or dennis the mennis of the industry?
8. Who do u wanna work with that you haven’t gotta chance to and why ?
Pretty much whoever ain’t wit the bullshit really . I feel I could compliment any song wit any artist .
New mixtape from Big Play Entertainment recording artist and Minnesota’s own Taylor J hosted by the legendary Shaheem Reid. This project includes features from Gucci Mane, Jazze Pha, Nipsey Hussle, Fat Trel & more. Also with production from Jazze Pha, Speaker Knockerz,Honorable C Note, Beat Billionaire & more. Follow Taylor J & Shaheem Reid on Twitter @TaylorJTakeover & @ShaheemReid